Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Living on His Income Mrs. Sharon White



Thank you Mrs. White!

Have you ever started reading a book and found yourself reading it every spare moment until you finished? I did that this week. Mrs. Sharon White sent me a copy of her new book, Living on His Income Remembrances and Advice for The Christian Housewife to review. You may know her from her blog, The Legacy of Home. I've read her blog for years and was eager to read her book. I just didn't want to put this little book down.

Mrs. White has been a housewife for 28 years. She shares her story as well as that of her mother, grandmother, aunt, and mother-in-law. This is the remembrance part. It made me remember my Grandma Bern and my mom before she went to work. Ah, nostalgia!

The second part is advice. She writes like she's talking to you over a cup of tea and cookies in her parlor. Some of the topics are: Standard of Living, The Vision of Home, The Content Wife, Homemade, and Dependent on Him. She also includes a resource list at the end.

My thoughts:
I felt validated... not a stay-at-home mom or homeschool mom but as a housewife.
I felt inspired... to be a housewife proudly... to declutter and organize... to beautify my home with handmade or thrifted treasures... and to be thankful to my husband for making it possible for me to be a housewife as well as a mother and a homeschool mom.
I also found some tips that will help me to do a better job in my chosen profession.

Mrs. White is Titus 2 woman. This is a great book for young women and older women alike.

It is available at Amazon. I encourage you to use the link on Mrs. White's blog. Look around while you're there. I think you'll find something that encourages you. I always do.

See my review of one of her earlier books, A Mother's Faith.


*Note: I am not an Amazon affiliate. The link is Mrs. White's.
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Featured at:
Darling Downs Diaries


27 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I would enjoy. I will add it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There!

    This sounds like a very encouraging book and who doesn't need that from time to time. I think I will pop in to her blog and check things out.

    I hope you have a wonderful week and a special and fun Valentine's Day!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review Laura. I love the writings of Mrs. White too and have her books in my Amazon cart for that next order when I can... Now I am really eager!! :) Hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this..I love to be inspired as a keeper of the home. Sounds like a great book.

    Have a wonderful day..Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Teresa,

    Have a wonderful week. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low thirties. I need the springtime reminder. ~smile~

    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought of adding things to my cart like that Jes. Thanks for talking back!

    ReplyDelete











  7. It's a great place for encouragement Amy. Thanks for talking back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Checking it out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've liked Mrs White for a long time too. I've never read one of her books. This one sounds great and and month is not too lean so I happily ordered it just now.
    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Laura, this looks like a great book, and definitely worth reading. I would love you to share this with us at Good Morning Mondays, I have missed you this week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a really good book. I enjoy learning new ways to run my home well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you are adding books to my reading list left and right :) This one sounds delightful and quite encouraging.

    I appreciate your reviews and honesty. Thanks for sharing at ROI. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need something to do during this cold winter, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, it sounds like a wonderful book. I went to Mrs. White's website and enjoyed it. Thanks so much for linking up at "Mondays @ Soul Survival." Pinning on my "Mondays @ ..." board. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're welcome, Donna. I find Mrs. White's site to be encouraging.

    Thanks so much for talking back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Laura, I just wanted to say thank you for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Thank you for taking the time and I look forward to reading this book one day.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're welcome, Donna. I find Mrs. White's site to be encouraging.
    Thanks so much for talking back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Mrs. White too! Thanks for spreading her lovely work on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sure, Jes. I enjoy your link up.
    God bless!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're welcome, Terri.
    Have a good Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well this sounds like a wonderful book. Glad that you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, thanks again for linking up. I enjoyed this review. I love Titus and the impact it has on women's lives. :)

    Here is my pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/249246160604354280/ Be sure to repin and like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I love it when y'all talk back!

I read all the comments I receive. I answer as many as I can. If you have a question, be sure I can reach you by email or subscribe to the comments.

Be blessed!
Laura