Monday, April 29, 2013

Flowers for A Lovely Spring Day



Oh, it's a lovely spring day.  It's been as quiet as a day can be with three children, two cats, and five kittens.  ~smile~  I've been out on the porch this morning enjoying the breeze, the sunshine and 86 perfectly delightful degrees. 


I'm reading Seaside Harmony.  Three sisters buy an old run-down inn on Nantucket Island and fix it up.  They're turning up clues about what could have happened to one of the inn's former owners who disappeared over a hundred years ago.  It's a feel good novel without a lot of tense interactions.  It's perfect for a spring day.

My husband will soon be planting these lovelies; but, for now, my little homemaker, Amy set them out to soak up some sunshine.

I adore pink Impatiens.  Lowell planted some baskets with them for the porch.  They don't mind the shade.


These are Begonias.  They're an old-fashioned flower that I enjoy.  My favorite annual flower to grow is Petunias.  I get along well with them.  My husband, Lowell Lane, is a Master Gardener.  You can read more about what's growing here at the farm at his blog.
~~~~~
May I Suggest?





Shared with: Traffic Jam

5 comments:

  1. How pretty. :) I love the double impatiens myself, but they're a bit trickier to find sometimes.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I borrow your husband? LOL! I need a Master Gardener! I don't like the drought friendly plants, they all look like weeds to me! I love flowers and lots of color! Any advice for a new gardener? I would love roses but unsure how to start. Our yard is dirt and more dirt! LOL!
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, what a perfect day to get out and enjoy some sunshine. I picked up a few plants today. Will be planting after Mothers Day. I love Impatiens and Begonias. Petunias are a wonderful annual with such a lovely scent. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    I like the double impatiens, too. I haven't seen them for a few years. Hope you find some. ~smile~

    Hi Anne,
    My Lowell is crazy busy. He works full time at our church as well as baking and selling cinnamon rolls and bread at our farmers' market. He has precious little time to get in his own garden. He actually came home early from work yesterday so that he could get some plants in. It's been so wet!

    Hi Jan,
    I adore Petunias because I can grow them! They're about the only thing I can grow. ~smile~ My son gave me a big overflowing basket of purple petunias as an early Mother's Day gift.

    Thank you all for taking time to comment. As bloggers, you know how much we cherish the comments.

    Blessings to you all!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor